Jersey Calhoun Veterinary Hospital is occupying our third location since being established in Jerseyville by Dr. Albert Van Walleghen in 1948. The original location was on the corner of 267 and County Road, the current State Farm Insurance Agency.
Dr. Emil Gast joined the practice in 1952 and a third partner, Dr. Jim Hall joined in 1963. A new state of the art clinic was built at the current location, 1201 S State Street in 1965. Dr. Albert Van Walleghen retired from the Jersey Calhoun Veterinary Hospital in 1986 and was replaced by his son Dr. Donald Van Walleghen. Dr. Emil Gast retired in 1987 was replaced by Dr. David Wendell.
Our current location in Jerseyville was built in 1997. The facility was designed by renowned Veterinary Architect Wayne Usiak. The hospital was designed to allow for the latest patient oriented service.
The Jersey Calhoun Veterinary Hospital is 7000 square foot and includes a Boarding and Grooming department and a medical and surgical department. The ventilation in each department is kept separate to ensure the health of all non medical patients.
1201 S. State St. Jerseyville, IL 62052 | Fax: 618-498-9860